dog petting expert
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX / May 2021
B.S.A in Computer Science with Teaching Certification
- Content Courses: Data Structures, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Compilers, Algorithms, Cryptography, Object Oriented Programming, Software Engineering, Programming Languages
- Education Courses: Knowing and Learning, Classroom Interactions, Project Based Instruction, Research Methods
UTeach, Austin, TX / January 2018 - present
FIRST Robotics Team 418 LASA Robotics, Austin, TX / November 2015 - February 2019
- Teach high school students about engineering design principles, manufacturing, programming, and control theory to design, build, and program a large competition robot in 45 days.
- Introduce young software engineers to version control, test driven development, and team programming by working alongside them to program complex and repeatable autonomous operation.
UnaliWear, Austin, TX / March 2017 – November 2017
- Developed a wrist accelerometer fall detection algorithm in C++ to trigger an automatic call for medical assistance.
- Wrote graphing tools in python to quickly analyze large amounts of accelerometer data from the watch to evaluate effectiveness of changes to the fall detection algorithm.
- Assisted development of a lightweight unit testing system to quickly run tests on emulated watch hardware.
- Created reports of device resets and false voice command triggers from UX test watches in the field.
Altera (Now Part of Intel), Austin, TX / June 2016 – August 2016
Embedded Software Intern
- Characterized boot time of Cyclone V FPGA System on Chip with various settings and boot sources.
- Implemented a faster CRC32 algorithm in C to significantly reduce bootloader times with large FPGA images.
- Found and fixed errors in the documentation for the bootloader software.
Longhorn Racing Electric, Austin, TX / November 2015 - present
- Write embedded C code for Texas Instruments and ST Microelectronics processors
- Developed a code generator in Python to convert CAN message specification files written in YAML to C code
- Implemented an O(n) algorithm to find vehicle braking points in a Python lap simulator to improve performance and enable the team to use the simulator for high level design decisions.
Programming Languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Scratch
Spoken Languages: Native Dutch speaker, fluent in English, intermediate Spanish